Beagle Breed Purpose
Beagles were bred to work in packs and are happiest when they have company.
Beagle breed purpose. Beagles need regular opportunities to stretch their legs and run if you want them to remain healthy and fit. It s difficult to resist the appeal of a beagle s dark brown or hazel eyes with his soft pleading expression. The beagle was accepted as a breed by the american kennel club akc in 1884. A beagle who is left alone inside or outside for long periods of time will tend to become destructive.
The beagle breed is a chondrodystrophic dog breed. Their disposition is that of a humorous nature. The breed can hunt alone in pairs or in packs. Bred for generations to work and hunt in packs they are perhaps most commonly associated with fox hunting with horses.
The beagle is intelligent. The breed probably originated as a cross between the harrier and other types of english hounds. The beagle is a scent hound developed primarily for hunting hare. It is a popular pet due to its size good temper and a lack of inherited health problems.
This forward pup originated in the early 1800s in england where their original purpose was to trail and hunt rabbits. The traditional role of the beagle is well known. Now the beagle was not just used for hunting. History and original purpose of the beagle.
In the 20th century the breed has spread worldwide as a very popular dog. The beagle is best known for rabbit hunting although the breed also has been used to hunt animals as diverse as jackals and wild pigs. The beagle is a breed of small hound that is similar in appearance to the much larger foxhound. Possessing a great sense of smell and superior tracking instincts the beagle is the primary breed used as detection dogs for prohibited agricultural imports and foodstuffs in quarantine around the world.
The beagle is considered to be one of the most happy go lucky nonchalant breeds in the field. The name beagle may have come from the french term be geule which means gape throat referring to the dogs baying voice. The beagle became a wonderful family pet. Meaning the breed s specimens are prone to cartilage maldevelopment.
Beagles love to use their noses and they are very good at it. Beagles who don t get enough exercise become bored destructive noisy and or obese which puts stress on their joints and causes health problems. A variety known as pocket beagles was used for hunts on horseback because the dogs stood less than 10 inches tall and could be carried in a coat pocket to the start of the hunt.
- Black And White Chihuahua Long Hair
- Black And White French Bulldog Puppy
- Black And White Bulldog Logo
- Black And White Great Dane
- Black And White Pitbull Lab Mix
- Black And White Chow Chow
- Black And White Full Grown Maltese Shih Tzu
- Black And White Cardigan Welsh Corgi
- Black And White Bulldog Photography
- Black And White Dachshund Silhouette
- Black And White Pitbull Boxer Mix
- Black And White Pitbull Puppy Mix
- Black And White Chihuahua Jack Russell Mix
- Black And White Chow Chow Puppy
- Black And White Long Haired Chihuahua Puppies
- Black And White French Bulldog Puppies
- Black And White Chihuahua Puppies For Sale
- Black And White Pied French Bulldog
- Black And White Great Dane Mix
- Black And White Chihuahua Mix Puppy